Re: Re: I made this mistake using uniformIntRand. Do you think it shoul

From: sthomme
Subject: Re: Re: I made this mistake using uniformIntRand. Do you think it shouldwarn me?
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 08:04:58 -0400

FWIW, this swapping behavior without warning messages was accepted at the time
it was implemented. The benefit is that certain drone-using persons don't have
their models prematurely halted because they produced error output. Though
Marcus is perhaps right that models which require this swapping are in some
sense 'broken'.

I'll change the behavior if there's a great clamor for it.

Sven

address@hidden wrote:

> PJ> And in the rare occasion where count=0, then this generated
> PJ> behavior I could not understand.
>
> The current behavior is to swap them, i.e. min of -1 and max of 0.
> Changing it might `break' existing models although I'd be inclined
> to say such models were already broken.

I cast one vote for getting rid of the swap behavior.  It was hard to
track down.

   [un]subscribing), please send a message to