Re: Identifying Messages

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Identifying Messages
Date: 12 Sep 2000 14:45:12 -0700

>>>>> "D4" == Doug Donalson <address@hidden> writes:

D4> I have a core dump where the back trace is all "Swarm" calls.  As
D4> a result, I can't tell whether the call was a message my
D4> simulation scheduled or a "tcl events" error or...?  Is there a
D4> way for me to decode the back trace to see what the offending
D4> message was and/or intended reciepient?

If you go `up' until you find a frame that has a SEL argument, you can
often do "call sel_get_name (aSel)" where "aSel" the selector variable
in question.  One place you can probably do this in your example is in
the __objc_forward frame.