Serialization using HDF5Archiver

From: Norberto Eiji Nawa
Subject: Serialization using HDF5Archiver
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 19:49:18 +0900

This question has been asked over and over but still I don't think I
get the point, and probably that's the reason I have this question.

I want to output streams of data from my model using the HDF5Archiver
for posterior processing using R. These streams are time series,
i.e. at every time step the model is sampled, the correspondent value
of a certain parameter is obtained, and in the end of the simulation I
want to have the complete time series curve. Pretty basic.

Since I have many streams, I built an object (tmpNode) with several
double variables, and every timethe model is sampled, these variables
are filled with the obtained values and:

[outputDataHDF5Archiver putShallow: "tmpNode" object: tmpNode];
[outputDataHDF5Archiver sync];

As one would expect, in the end of the run my archiver file will
contain only the last sampled values (at least that is what I
understand when making h5dump archiver.hdf. Using this framework, is
there any simple way to store the whole series?

TIA

Eiji