Re: graphs

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: graphs
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 10:29:10 -0500

Marcello Gallucci wrote:

> Hello
> if this is not the right please to ask detailed questions about swarm
> programming, please accept my apology and forget it.
> If it is:
> is there a simple way to obtain a graph of averaged sequences (like using
> EZGraph with averagesequence), broken down for different categories.
>
> Example:
> I have N agents of K types, and I want to graph their happyness along time,
> averaged across types. That is, a graph with K lines, each averaged over K/N
> agents.

I think this is what I have done in cases like that. Your N agents are
currently in one giant list, right?  That's OK, but do this too:

Create K separate lists, and put those lists into a Swarm Array.  Then
sort the agents into these lists.  Then plot an average line for each
separate list. See what I mean?

This is pretty easy as long as your K does not change. If subgroups are
added or removed, then some fancy footwork is necessary.  Sven Thomessen
worked out a thing we have been using for that kind of problem, it
involves createing a sequence and storing its name before inserting it
into a graph, and then using that stored name to remove it.