Combining an autorepeat schedule and a autodrop schedule

From: P . deVries
Subject: Combining an autorepeat schedule and a autodrop schedule
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 17:24:59 +0200

In my model I want to combine two kind of schedules. One schedule is used to
repeat actions (in my case every "month"), the other is used for action that
take place only once (in my case birth and death). I create both schedules
in one swarm and activate them using this swarm as context.

If i use two repeating schedules with autodrop turned on for one of these
schedules:
everything works fine until the autodrop schedule starts to repeat itself.
No error is given but new actions from the autodrop schedule are no longer
activated.

If i use one repeating schedule and one nonrepeating autodrop schedule:
nothing happens until the following error is produced:

*** event raised for error: InvalidOperation
*** function: _update_mergeSchedules(), file:
/src/Swarm/swarm/src/activity/Sc
dule.m, line: 268
> MergeSchedule is invalid. There is no*** execution terminating due to
error
/src/Swarm/swarm/src/defobj/Symbol.m:173 -[Error(c) _raiseEvent:]
      0 [sig] LEMRA 1813 stackdump: Dumping stack trace to
LEMRA.EXE.stackdump

So my questions are:
- Can I activate two schedules (of which one autodrop) in one swarm, and, if
not, how can I do it in another way?
- Is it possible to use a repeating autodrop schedule? (In my case
representing a year, allowing me to plan an event in terms of the month and
week of the next year)

cheers,
  Piebe

--
Piebe de Vries
International Centre for Integrative Studies (ICIS)

Visiting address: Kapoenstraat 23, Maastricht

address@hidden
tel: +31.43.3882659 or +31.43.3882662 (secr.)
fax: +31.43.3884916
website: http://www.icis.unimaas.nl/camera