Re: problem building heatbugs, "/usr/bin/ld: warning..."

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: problem building heatbugs, "/usr/bin/ld: warning..."
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 06:57:01 -0600

Norberto Eiji Nawa wrote:
> When I try to compile heatbugs, I get the following:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
> `__objc_class_name_EZGraph' are not defined
> creating heatbugs
My guess is that, somehow, the patch was not correctly applied, because
this is exactly the warning it is meant to solve. Or,perhaps after you
did make bootstap on gcc, perhaps it did not get fully installed to
replace your older gcc?

If you did apply the patch, and then recompile/reinstall swarm, then I
don't know why you'd see that error.
> ps.: btw, when I ran "make check" in swarm-2.1.1 "gcc: unrecognized
> option `-R'" and the same happens when I run "make check" for
> gcc-2.95-2. Any clues?
Sorry, don't know.