Re: Strange screenshots problem

From: Erik Rauch
Subject: Re: Strange screenshots problem
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 02:30:35 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Paul E Johnson wrote:

> > > Is there a way to dump the raster directly rather than go through a window
> > > manager? (If not I have some old code that outputs gifs that could be used
> > > for this purpose).

> YES! If your raster is just showing colors, no pixmaps, there is a much
> faster way to directly output the results.  Nelson Minor did it first,
> Benedikt S. spruced it up a bit, and, as far as I know, the version I
> patched up to work with newer Swarm editions still works.  That was done
> aug 11, 1999.

Thanks for this pointer, but is there a way to get it to dump a
Value2dDisplay? I can't seem to figure out how to do this (I tried
declaring a Value2dDisplay, then calling its setDisplayWidget method on
the BatchRaster object). I am trying to save gifs of a Discrete2d object.

  spaceDisplayWidget = [BatchRaster createBegin: self];
  spaceDisplayWidget = [spaceDisplayWidget createEnd];
  [spaceDisplayWidget setColormap: batchColormap];

  [spaceDisplayWidget setWidth: [webModelSwarm getXSize]
                Height: [webModelSwarm getYSize]];
  [spaceDisplayWidget pack];

  PrimaryDisplay = [Value2dDisplay createBegin: [self getZone]];
  [PrimaryDisplay setDisplayWidget: spaceDisplayWidget
colormap: batchColormap];
  [PrimaryDisplay setDiscrete2dToDisplay: [webModelSwarm
getPrimaryField]];
  [PrimaryDisplay setDisplayMappingM: 256 C: 0];
  PrimaryDisplay = [PrimaryDisplay createEnd];

 // When updating I'm not sure what methods are appropriate -
 // [PrimaryDisplay display]?  [spaceDisplayWidget drawSelf]?