Re: Re: how to run java Program with swarm?

From: xx
Subject: Re: Re: how to run java Program with swarm?
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 0:17:12 +0800

>XX> 2. added "javaswarm.dll" to "c:\winnt\system32" (since this dir is
>XX> already set in the "path", so there is no need to set the "path"
>
>javaswarm.dll relies on the Tk and Cygwin DLLs also found in
>/Swarm-2.1.1/bin after installation of swarm-2.1.1.exe.

I put all the dll files into the c:\winnt\system32 dir, and the former error is
gone,
but the program start and then end with no result.
I don't know the reason.
(I tested on the Mousetrap demo got from www.swarm.org.)

>XX> Why don't swarm provide a seperate java version?

If one knows both swarm and java well, I think he or she could group all and
only those files needed for java developers into a neat bundle, and attach a
simple instruction to it. And I think this will not be a difficult task on the
basis of swarm-2.1.exe. Maybe we need only some dll files, which the JVM needs
to invoke some native method from, and a jar file.