Re: [Fwd: Swarm 2.1.1 compile on cygwin for Win 2000]

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Swarm 2.1.1 compile on cygwin for Win 2000]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 13:32:18 -0500

"Marcus G. Daniels" wrote:

> > However the current swarm 2.1.1 Win distribution comes with it's own
> > cygwin which upon installation conflicts with and breaks the
> > existing cygwin setup.
>
> You should be able to remove /Swarm-2.1.1/bin/cygwin1.dll and use
> the other one, provided it is in your path.

Yes. The other "breakage" I see from installing swarm and cygwin at the
same time happens in my PATH and mounts.  The weird thing about cygnus is
that it never seems to set the mounts the same way twice, depending on
which networks I'm logged into and such, I get really crazy looking lists
of mounts sometimes.  Swarm also tries to change mount settings, and
sometimes I have trouble getting it back the way cygnus wants it.

There are some good reasons to know more about building Swarm with
current cygnus. For example, currrent cygnus has a working ssh and
working vi, which are a big plus for me.

I'll try to dig into building swarm on winNT with the newest cygnus over
the weekend. I've been meaning to do it a long time.

PJ