Re: Swarm-2.2 wth latest cygwin

From: Noriel Christopher C. Tiglao
Subject: Re: Swarm-2.2 wth latest cygwin
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 15:04:47 +0900

The shell is now able to find the gcc that comes with Swarm-2.2
distribution. Thanks.

My next problem is upon issuing a make, I get the following virtual memory
error:

address@hidden /swarmapps-2.1.1/heatbugs
$ make
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-import -Wno-protocol -Werror  -DMETHOD_FUNCTIONS
-DAPPN
AME=heatbugs -DAPPVERSION=2.2 address@hidden -DDLL
-I/Swarm-2
.2/include Heatbug.m
Virtual memory exhausted: Invalid argument
make: *** [Heatbug.o] Error 1

Please help me.

Paul E Johnson wrote:

> "Noriel Christopher C. Tiglao" wrote:
> >
> > Does Cygwin not contain an Obj-C compiler?
> Shocking, isn't it? I checked with the Cygwin email list and they say
> they expect never to.  Swarm-2.2 provides gcc you need.
>
> Swarm-2.2 is a pretest now because we need testers like you.
>
> make sure your PATH has Swarm-2.2/bin at the front, ahead of the cygnus
> stuff.  I do that in the bash configuration.

Noriel Christopher C. Tiglao

Doctoral Student
Regional Planning and Surveying Laboratory
Department of Civil Engineering
University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo JAPAN 113-8656
Telephone: +81-3-5841-6129
Facsimile: +81-3-5841-7453
E-mail: address@hidden
           address@hidden