Partial success in compiling Swarm-2001-09-06

From: Gary Polhill
Subject: Partial success in compiling Swarm-2001-09-06
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 09:42:44 +0100

OK I've finally got a version of Swarm up and running that compiles and
installs without complaining, and which compiles and runs jheatbugs
successfully. One pitfall is that I had compiled Tcl/Tk earlier using the
--disable-shared configure option.

One small glitch, however, is in EZGraph, (see attached GIF), which makes me
wonder if I have chosen the wrong versions of Tcl, Tk and BLT (8.3.1, 8.3.1 and
2.4u respectively). I would have gone for 8.3.2, but the blt2.4u README says it
has only been tested with tcl/tk 8.3.0-8.3.1.

Once I've got this glitch sorted out, I will summarise the steps I took in
compiling Swarm and its needed software for Solaris 8.

Gary