Swarm, Kaffe and AWT

From: Marie-Edith Bissey
Subject: Swarm, Kaffe and AWT
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:44:14 +0200 (MEST)

Salve!

I would like to introduce some java-GUI elements in a Swarm
simulation, and am running into problems when trying to use the AWT
classes. I use Swarm on a windows 2000 workstation (version downloaded
and installed in may 2001). Basically, the program compiles without
errors, but at runtime, I get:

$ javaswarm StartCooperation
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: [exception was
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkE rror: file not found]
        at StartCooperation.main(StartCooperation.java:31)

In the file containing the main method (StartCooperation.java), I
import java.awt.* and java.awt.event.*, compilation is made using
javacswarm, and the problem occurs at the first creation of a Frame
object.

>From what I could read on these errors, it seems that the awt classes
are no longer found at runtime. Why is it so? (they do exist in
/Swarm-2.1.1/share/kaffe/Klasses.jar....)
And what can I do about it?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Marie-Edith.

Marie-Edith Bissey
Universita` del Piemonte Orientale "Amedeo Avogadro"
Facolta` di Science Politiche         email: address@hidden
Corso Borsalino 50                    tel: +39-0131-283700
15 100 Alessandria -- ITALIA          fax: +39-0131-263030
http://polis.unipmn.it/doc/bis/hp.htm