updating from 1.4.1 to 2.2.x

From: Darold Higa
Subject: updating from 1.4.1 to 2.2.x
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 22:44:33 -0800

Hi there.  I hope this is a simple problem.

I've been running my simulation on a G3 using 1.4.1 and LinuxPPCR4 for
the longest time.  Speed has finally became an issue so I have migrated
my software to an Athlon running  RH7.2 and Swarm 2.2.x.

After recompiling in the new environment, I noticed a strange bug.
(Thanks a lot to Paul Johnson for those RPMS btw, they make life much
easier).

I used the pixmap/sprintf procedure to output .png files so that I can
recompile them into movies when I'm done with my simulation runs.

For some strange reason now before it outputs a .png file, it draws the
file its about to save to disk in the upper lefthand corner of the
screen, replacing the window (or windows in the case of a graph) that is
there.  Once it saves the file the windows return.

Is this a problem?  I'm not positive, but I think it is seriously
slowing down my simulation.

Thanks in advance,

Darold Higa

I have been getting periodic segmentation faults that I don't think I
got before as well, but that might not be related since I'm running a
lot more iterations now and I think something isn't getting cleaned up.