RE: updating from 1.4.1 to 2.2.x

From: Alexander,J
Subject: RE: updating from 1.4.1 to 2.2.x
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 18:10:05 +0100

This isn't the most elegant solution, but if you are running under Unix/Linux
and can arrange to give the window a constant name, just use "import" in a
system call.  (IIRC, the name of the window is just the string that appears in
the title bar.  At least it was under Tcl/Tk.  I would guess it's the same
under Java.)  I.e.,

                system("import -window MyWindowName output.gif"); /*
output.jpeg would work, too */

If you want to create a series of images as part of a run, just prepare the
string using sprintf to append a number to the name of the output file:

                char command[256];
                sprintf (command, "import -window MyWindowName output-%d.gif",
someIndex++);
                system(command);

Cheers,

Jason