RE: Reporter bug in SimpleSwamBug3

From: Paul Box
Subject: RE: Reporter bug in SimpleSwamBug3
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:22:42 -0600

Hi Stacey

You could easily do that in the modelswarm schedule, simply by changing one
line in -buildactions:

  modelActions = [ActionGroup create: self];
  [modelActions createActionForEach: bugList    message: M(step)];
  [modelActions createActionTo:      reportBug  message: M(report)];

change the last line to
  [modelActions createActionForEach: bugList    message: M(report)];

You could even change the -report method in Bug.m to have each bug identify
itself.

This will create a very V E R B O S E run of the model.  This might be useful
for you own understanding of the code, but the next step in the tutorial
(simpleObserverBug) gives a much more useful way of examining the progress of
the model.

>===== Original Message From Stacy Oerder <address@hidden> =====
>Hi
>
>I'm new to Swarm and still working through the examples. I'm busy
>working through the swarmapps provided with Swarm-2.1.1 and am looking
>into the simpleSwarmBug3 application and more specifically at the
>reporterbug that is defined. My question pertains to the reporting of
>the bug,  namely that I would like to have each bug created report on
>their progress through the world and the application only has one
>reporter bug. Is it possible to extend the reporting to every single
>bug. Any suggestions in this regard would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>Stacy Oerder

>   Swarm-Support is for discussion of the technical details of the day
>   to day usage of Swarm.  For list administration needs (esp.
>   [un]subscribing), please send a message to <address@hidden>
>   with "help" in the body of the message.

// Paul Box
// Geography and Earth Resources