Re: ObjectLoader

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: ObjectLoader
Date: 25 Apr 2002 06:09:20 -0700

SO> Hi I'm busy running a tutorial without any graphics, just
SO> reporting to the screen and am using a "model.setup" file to load
SO> the various parameters I wish to alter regularly. I've therefore
SO> included the ObjectLoader code into my ModelSwarm.m file. The code
SO> compiles but I experience a runtime error and so am busy debugging
SO> the code and have discovered that the code is complaining at the
SO> ObjectLoader statement. I've been searching the mail archives and
SO> looking through the documentation to determine if there are any
SO> stipulations for using the ObjectLoader for example must the
SO> entires in the "model.setup" file be in a specific order or have I
SO> forgotten to include some vital code in another file. I was basing
SO> my example on the existing SimpleSwarmBug tutoriwlas and thus
SO> cannot understand the reason for the sudden runtime error. Is
SO> there perhaps a reference on the web or can someone give me
SO> further information about the ObjectLoader.

SO> Thanking you in advance.  Stacy Oerder

Use of the ObjectLoaderclass is certainly deprecated.  Which version
of the tutorial are you using, you should really be using at least
2.1.1?  The 2.1.1 version of the tutorial has dropped all references
to the ObjectLoader and model.setup.

You can find the latest swarmapps-2.1.1 here:

 ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/apps/objc/sdg

Alex
--
  Alex Lancaster           |
  Swarm Development Group  |     web: http://www.swarm.org