scrollable rasters within windows

From: Paul Box
Subject: scrollable rasters within windows
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 13:23:18 -0600

Hello Swarm group

Is there a simple way to have a zoomraster display a scrollable subset of the
raster that it is displaying?  For example, I have a raster that is 800
columns by 2100 rows that I wish to show in a simulation, and with my best
monitor I only have 1600 pixels vertical resolution.

It would be easy enough to write some filter to only display every other row
and column (in effect set a zoom factor of .5), but I would rather be able to
see all of the pixels at full resolution, and simply scroll up and down the
picture as the thing is running.

Please excuse this if I'm asking a trivial question.  Hope summer's going
well.

// Paul Box
// Geography and Earth Resources
// Utah State University