makeProbeAtX$Y - Can I create a custom probe map for an object?

From: Geoff Wright
Subject: makeProbeAtX$Y - Can I create a custom probe map for an object?
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 13:34:22 -0400

Hi.

In the jSwarm tutorial there is an application called SimpleObserverBug3.  One
of the features of this app is that we are introduced how to send a message
through the ZoomRaster object to an Object2dDisplay object.  That is, when I
click on a bug on the raster display window, a probe map for the bug appears.

According the jSwarm tutorial, it creates a COMPLETE probe map.

Question 1: Is there any way to customize this probe map?

For example, I have created a Commodity class which has fields: type and
quantity.  Each bug in my model can have one or multiple instances of this
class. (I am trying to think in OOP terms, so please correct me if this
sounds wrong).  That is, the bug can have a productionCommodity of type 2 and
quantity 5.  Now, when I probe the bug, I get something like this:

xPos = 42
yPos = 37
productionCommodity - Commodity

I would like to be able to probe the bug and get something like this:

xPos = 42
yPos = 37
productionCommodity: type = 2; quantity = 5

Is it possible to do something like this?

Also, I am using swarm.jar which gives me access to a number of compiled swarm
objects.  My understanding is that these objects are written in ObjectiveC
and there is some sort of interface (JNI) that allows java apps access to
these objects.  Where can I learn more about this and can someone point me to
where I would find the source code for these swarm objects?

Thank  you.
geoff