Re: Is this the defects of Javaswarm? the swarm kernel neglect new added

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: Is this the defects of Javaswarm? the swarm kernel neglect new added agents!
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:29:35 -0500

I don't know of an example, but I suggest you take one Java program from here:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/WorkingExampleCode/java/

and do the simple experimentation to see if changing a list of agents does work.

I'm saying you should write some diagnostic code to find out if the list of agents is really changing and that the Swarm kernel does indeed process all the agents, even though some have been removed from the list and dropped from memory. Something is not sensical in your description of the problem. So make a one-file WorkingExample and learn what the system does.

Hu, Jianjun wrote:
Then I am wondering why when I started the simulation and during running,
when I add new agents,
these agents were just  neglected by the swarm kernel.
        tadpoleLayer.agentList.add(newTadpole );
Do you have any java example that you add or remove agents during a
simulation?

thanks

Jianjun

1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504