Re: jSimpleBug: SimpleSwarmBug3

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: jSimpleBug: SimpleSwarmBug3
Date: 28 Jun 2002 14:12:24 -0700

DR> Dear All I am trying to work through Charles Staelin's
DR> 'jSimpleBug' tutorial, which I found at
DR> http://eco83.econ.unito.it/swarm/materiale/jtutorial/JavaTutorial.zip.
DR> I am having problems with the SimpleSwarmBug3 program.  The java
DR> files compile correctly, but when StartSimpleBug is run, the
DR> following error is produced:

DR> 'java.lang.NullPointerException at
DR> StartSimpleBug.main(StartSimpleBug.java:34) Exception in thread
DR> "main" '

DR> Has anyone else experienced similar problems?  Any ideas what I
DR> may be doing wrong?  The examples up until SimpleSwarmBug3 have
DR> worked correctly, and I have downloaded the files directly from
DR> the above .zip file, so I doubt it is a transcription problem.

DR> Any help would be much appreciated,

You should be using the most recent version of the tutorial which is
actually in the CVS at SourceForge:

 http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=1961

The module name is "jtutorial".

You can browse the repository at:

 http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/swarm/

Try this and report any remaining problems you have, here.  Eventually
this will be transferred to our new Savannah site
(http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/swarm) and a tarball will be made
available.

A.
--