RE: Books on Swarm Programming in Java.

From: Marshall, James A R
Subject: RE: Books on Swarm Programming in Java.
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:14:25 +0100

Hello,
  I was recently thinking that a book like this would be a useful resource,
although it would preferably also include using Swarm with Objective C. What
is really needed is a distillation of the knowledge about Swarm that's
distributed between various members of the SDG and others. There are at
least a couple of books about using Swarm (see below) which I've been
meaning to look at, but I'm not sure if they are exactly user's manuals. I
would very much like to work on such a book, but of course writing or even
editing a book is a very time-consuming process...
        James

Economic Simulations in Swarm: Agent-based Modelling and Object Oriented
Programming
~Francesco Luna, Benedikt Stefansson (Editor)
Kluwer Academic Publishers
Hardcover - January 2000

Agent-Based Methods in Economics and Finance:
Simulations in Swarm
~Francesco Luna, Alessandro Perrone (Editors)
Kluwer Academic Publishers
Hardcover - October 2001

---
Dr James A R Marshall
Container World Project - http://www.ese.ic.ac.uk/research/containerworld/
Department of Earth Sciences and Engineering, Imperial College, London
Tel: +44 (0)20 7594 7493