emacs and clean source

From: Levente -Levi- Littvay
Subject: emacs and clean source
Date: 31 Oct 2002 19:06:19 -0600

Double response!

> Did you double-check that you indeed have Emacs 21 as the default?
E.g.

>   /usr/bin/emacs --version

No but I uninstalled 19, so it must have been 21.  I double checked
now.  It is:

address@hidden:~$ emacs --version
GNU Emacs 21.2.1
GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of Emacs
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

> Did you start with a "clean" build directory?  I don't think just
> running make in the old build directory will get the job done

I did a make clean

make distclean ended with this error.

rm -f libtool
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/install/swarm-cvs/swarm/tools'
Making distclean in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/install/swarm-cvs/swarm/src'
Makefile:611: ../etc/Makefile.common: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../etc/Makefile.common'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/install/swarm-cvs/swarm/src'
make: *** [distclean-recursive] Error 1

The best approach would be to replace the tree with the virgin CVS every
time I just don't know what flags I need to put to do that.  (help
didn't help much either)

now I just use: cvs update -d