Re: emacs and clean source

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: emacs and clean source
Date: 01 Nov 2002 03:03:17 -0800

LL> Double response!
>> Did you double-check that you indeed have Emacs 21 as the default?
LL> E.g.
>>  /usr/bin/emacs --version

LL> No but I uninstalled 19, so it must have been 21.  I double
LL> checked now.  It is:

LL> address@hidden:~$ emacs --version GNU Emacs 21.2.1 Copyright (C)
LL> 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.  GNU Emacs comes with
LL> ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  You may redistribute copies of Emacs
LL> under the terms of the GNU General Public License.  For more
LL> information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

[...]

The other thing you might try is adding (after automake/autoconf etc.)
the "-q" (or "--no-init-file") option to the line that calls in the
generated Makefile, to prevent loading your local ~/.emacs and
default.el.

I notice that your existing line:

/usr/bin/emacs -batch -l '/home/install/swarm-cvs/swarm/src/getters.elc'
-f generate-SwarmEnvironment-getters

starts loading the 00debian-vars site package and/or your local
~/.emacs file, both of which could possibly (although unlikely) get in
the way of the Swarm functions, so with the change to the Makefile you
would get a line like this:

/usr/bin/emacs -q -batch -l '/home/install/swarm-cvs/swarm/src/getters.elc'
-f generate-SwarmEnvironment-getters

Alex
--
      Alex Lancaster |  Swarm Development Group  |  http://www.swarm.org