Re: questions regarding swarm

From: WSAWAYA
Subject: Re: questions regarding swarm
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 11:40:58 -0600

I am also doing work in the area of supply chain management and using the
swarm modelling platform.  I am afraid that I am a bit of a novice in swarm
as well and am just starting to get into the modelling languages and even
had help with the swarm installation and set up.  However, I can point you
to some research using swarm modelling for supply chain research.  Fu-ren
Lin did their dissertation under Michael Shaw at the University of Illinios
in 1996 using swarm to model to model the order fullfillment process in
supply networks.  There are a number of papers stemming from the
dissertation as well, though collectively they do not provide a lot of
details on implementation.  I hope this gives you a starting point.

On another topic, I am looking for someone in Minnesota who has some swarm
experience as I am working on this alone and would like to sit down with
someone with a bit more familiarity with swarm modelling within linux for a
few minutes.

Bill Sawaya
address@hidden

                    Alex Lancaster