getting started with swarm on windows

From: Bruno Strulovici
Subject: getting started with swarm on windows
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 01:02:44 -0800 (PST)

I would like to use Swarm on Windows (XP), but I am lost with the
installation details: I have downloaded the version Swarm 2.1.1 and
some demonstrations from the swarm.org website. I have also installed
Java 2, in order to compile the files.

Now, I have under the "Swarm" bar (of "program files") a choice called
"Terminal", and I don't know what to do with that: when I click on it,
I get something like a Command Prompt, and when I type the name of a
demo (like heatbugs), it does not work. Apart from "Terminal", I also
have the choice with several demonstrations that I downloaded, but
neither of them work when I click on them.

Could someone tell me how to run some demos, so that I can get started
and see Swarm at work on my computer ?

Thanks,

Bruno