Re: getting started with swarm on windows

From: Suman Kanuganti
Subject: Re: getting started with swarm on windows
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:36:39 -0800 (PST)

For using swarm, u need to have little background on
unix, ofcourse not much. The terminal u get is a unix
simulation shell from where u write and run the swarm
programs, get jheatbugs.tar.gz and try compiling and
running from ur terminal using "javacswarm" and
"javaswarm", by way do u want to go for java or
objective-c?

coming to windows xp , some programs wont run might be
due to new version of windows, they all work in any
previous versions of windows.try getting latest
binaries for windows version, you can find them on the
swarm sites.

Thanks,
Suman K

--- Bruno Strulovici <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would like to use Swarm on Windows (XP), but I am
> lost with the
> installation details: I have downloaded the version
> Swarm 2.1.1 and
> some demonstrations from the swarm.org website. I
> have also installed
> Java 2, in order to compile the files.
>
> Now, I have under the "Swarm" bar (of "program
> files") a choice called
> "Terminal", and I don't know what to do with that:
> when I click on it,
> I get something like a Command Prompt, and when I
> type the name of a
> demo (like heatbugs), it does not work. Apart from
> "Terminal", I also
> have the choice with several demonstrations that I
> downloaded, but
> neither of them work when I click on them.
>
> Could someone tell me how to run some demos, so that
> I can get started
> and see Swarm at work on my computer ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bruno
>

>                   ==================================
>    Swarm-Support is for discussion of the technical
> details of the day
>    to day usage of Swarm.  For list administration
> needs (esp.
>    [un]subscribing), please send a message to
> <address@hidden>
>    with "help" in the body of the message.

=====
Suman Kanuganti,