Swarm at A-Life VIII?

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Swarm at A-Life VIII?
Date: 13 Nov 2002 00:52:03 -0800

[Sorry for the cross-posting in advance, and for inadvertantly posting
twice to swarm-modelling.]

Are any Swarmers going to A-Life 8 (http://alife8.alife.org) in Sydney
this year?  It's from the 9th - 13th December.

There's a possibility that I will be helping with a short Swarm
session, but I don't currently have the time to prepare even a scaled
down tutorial, so I was hoping we could perhaps use the time to
showcase/discuss recent work in A-Life (and related areas) in Swarm
and/or related ABM technologies.  I'm prepared to do a very short
intro (NOT tutorial) for total newbies, and then we could move on to
short presentations.

If any Swarmers are going to be there, and are interested in briefly
presenting their models and/or any other Swarm-related work (Swarm on
MacOS X, anybody? ;-)), as part of the workshop/session, please
contact me ASAP.  (I don't have an exact length for the workshop, but
I'm guessing it will be at least 2 hours in total).

If there are no volunteers, I will have to cancel the session,
because, unfortunately I just don't have the time to prepare enough
material to do justice to the entire session (trying to prepare for
those pesky PhD exams)!  (Sorry to Russell and Hussein if they're
tuning in).

Hopefully will see you in Sydney!

Regards,

Alex

PS.  For other SDG directors tuned into this thread, let me know if
you think there's anything I should mention or raise in conjunction
with the current SDG status and/or messages that we'd like to give out
to the community.  A-Life could be a good opportunity to get feedback
on new directions etc..., so I'll be listening and will report back.
--
      Alex Lancaster |  Swarm Development Group  |  http://www.swarm.org