swarm installation (rpm)

From: Willi Richert
Subject: swarm installation (rpm)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 11:08:49 +0100

Hi,

when trying to install swarm (I even found a suse rpm!), I get the following

wr:/data/home/wr/install # rpm -i swarm-2.1.1-1.suse.i386.rpm
Fehler: fehlgeschlagene Paket-Abhängigkeiten:
        egcs wird von swarm-2.1.1-1.suse gebraucht
        libtcl8.0.so wird von swarm-2.1.1-1.suse gebraucht
        libtk8.0.so wird von swarm-2.1.1-1.suse gebraucht

It says that I need egcs and the 8.0 version of tcl/tk.
I have gcc 3.2 on my system and remember very well the chaos I had when moving
from 2.95 to 3.2: I had to reinstall my whole PC! Is gcc compatible with egcs
(minor mode or so?)? Can I ignore this dependency?

Now regarding tcl/tk: I have version 8.4 installed! Why isn't that recognized?
Is it ok to also ignore this warning?

wr

--
.(sic!)nature