Re: Swarm on Mac OSX 10.2.3

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: Swarm on Mac OSX 10.2.3
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:31:58 +1100

> I think I have a problem with the new apple version of X11 and swarm;
> so I get this compilation error:
> (I thought it could be that tcltk was linked against the XDarwin
> version of X11, but it appears no to be the case because I've
> recompiled tcl and tk)

> -ldefobj -L/sw/src/swarm/src/collections/.libs -lcollections
> -L/sw/src/swarm/src/misc/.libs -lmisc -L/sw/src/swarm/libobjc/.libs
> -lobjc -lgcc -lBLT24 -ltk8.4 -ltcl8.4 -lXpm -lpng -lhdf5 -lz -lX11 -lm
> -ldl
> /usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _tclIntStubsPtr
> /usr/local/lib/libtk8.4.dylib(tclStubLib.o) definition of
> _tclIntStubsPtr.....

I am a bit rushed today.  But it is good to see we seem to getting to the
same page now.
I have these same warnings, but I don't understand the cause at the
moment.

>/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> _get_imp
> _objc_lookup_class .....

The killer you  have is also the same as me.  Failure to link to the Swarm
libobjc.  Did you use the -fgnu-runtime flag?  If so, we seem to have a
libtool problem.  I tried to update the libtool in Swarm but I cannot get
the more recent ones to work.  There appears to be a need for consistency
between the versions of autoconf, automake, libtool and possibly sed.

Bill Northcott