Re: making images

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: making images
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:06:49 -0600

You did not say you were using java before.

Here's a java working example using swarm-pre2.2, I think. Not 2.1.1.

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/WorkingExampleCode/java/TestPixmap.java

Albert van der Heide wrote:
Hello again.

There is built-in capability to save either individual window widgets or the whole screen in png format.

I'm using Java, and have not found the build in widget capability.

Look in the heatbugs in swarmapps for a CPP flag SCREENSHOT which turns on the snapshots.

There is a separate BatchRaster class in the swarm contrib that is a bit faster if you are only saving a raster's colors with nothing else.

I looked, but did not find. To me it looks like Swarm has build all kinds of nice extra funcitionality around displaying. The correct format I need should be there, only it is invisible to me at this time.

Still looking.
Albert

student : A.J v.d Heide
doing   : Artificial Intelligence