RE: [Swarm-Support] Time efficiency of at$createActionTo$message

From: Marshall, James A R
Subject: RE: [Swarm-Support] Time efficiency of at$createActionTo$message
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:35:13 -0000

You really need to drop Selectors? The Swarm Javadocs show Selector
inheriting directly from java.lang.Object and not implementing drop itself.
If I compile the following code then an error is raised for the method drop:

Selector selector;
selector = new Selector(this.getClass(), "processEvents", false);
selector.drop();

So how do you drop Selectors?
Also the fact that the slowdown occurs even when the model is running well
within the allocated heap size makes me think that a memory leak isn't the
root of the problem.
I was worried I'd done something exceptionally stupid for a while though!
Maybe I have but I'm not sure this is it...
  Cheers,
        James

---
Dr James A R Marshall
Complex Systems Modelling Group (COSMIC)
Department of Earth Science and Engineering
Imperial College London
Tel: +44 (0)20 7594 7493
Fax: +44 (0)20 7594 7444
Container World Project - http://www.ese.ic.ac.uk/research/containerworld/