Re: Subject: [Swarm-Support] UnsatisfiedLink exception in Cygwin/winXP

From: Otto Cordero
Subject: Re: Subject: [Swarm-Support] UnsatisfiedLink exception in Cygwin/winXP
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 13:17:47 -0500

Hi Myrjam, it helps me a lot to know that I am not the only one having
similar problems. I have been dealing with this for about the same time you
have, and I have even created a Linux partition in my computer just to use
Swarm, but still can't. Unfortunately, the computer in which Swarm is
working in WinXP is not the one I need.

I downloaded Cygwin setup.exe from redhat.com site. You must pay attention
to the fact that this setup program downloads the required libraries from
mirrors around the world, but not all the mirrors have the same software. I
downloaded the files from the first one in the list, but libpng2 was not
there. So I had to downloaded it from other mirror...if a library is missed
(like what happened to me with libpng2), cygwin pops a alert window. Cygwin
also asked me for tcl/tk, thats where I downloaded the tcl/tk files posted
by Paul Johnson and it finally worked. If you still get the UnsatisfiedLink
exception, ls in /usr/bin, check if you see the cygtcl/tk.dll files, if you
don't, we are having exactly the same problem.

I hope, this helps, please let me know if you can solve this...

Otto.