[Swarm-Support] How to get Objective-C gcc on cygwin ?

From: amores nolikeyjunk
Subject: [Swarm-Support] How to get Objective-C gcc on cygwin ?
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 03:32:58 +0000

Ok, I have compiled blt2.4z on an up-to-date cygwin
(pretty easy, just have to remove one "win" test in the
configure script, so it will do regular unix search for
X includes).

And (configuring swarm tarball) I have to tell
configure where my tk directory is

  ../configure --with-tkscriptdir=/usr/share/tk8.4

but, now I get the error that no Objective-C compiler is
installed.

I just reinstalled cygwin from scratch, because I had installed
the tcl80 binary Paul Johnson recently made available, and
wanted to undo that, and thought the fastest way was to reinstall
from scratch. But, now I don't have objective-C frontend to gcc,
I think. I think I had it before, but am not sure. Well, yes,
I did, as I compiled the objective-C versions of the
samples (I just couldn't run them b/c of the cygtcl80.dll problem).

So, anyone have any suggestions on objective-C for cygwin ?

Cordially,

Perry

them).