Re: [Swarm-Support] method `dropAllocations:' not implemented by protoco

From: amores nolikeyjunk
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] method `dropAllocations:' not implemented by protocol ?
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 00:32:40 +0000

I've checked in a bunch of fixes since then that address this problem.

Please beware gcc3.2 will not work at all and if you get a snap of gcc-3.3, the chances are only 50% that it will work unless you take the one from 2002-09-09. Problems fixed in that pivotal release have since reappeared, and I'm trying to find why.

Ouch. I'm using gcc 3.2.2.
I've also just installed RedHat 8.0, thinking I'd start that
as a parallel attack, perhaps that isn't going
to circumvent the gcc/Objective C problem ?

Or do I just need to ensure I use something old like gcc 2.95 ?

I built gcc 3.2.2 on cygwin to get an objective c frontend.
I suppose (on the cygwin track) I could build myself an older
gcc; any chance you know a cutoff version that I should stay behind ?

Although, it sounds like you're saying the 2002-09-09 snapshot of
gcc-3.3 would be a winner if I can find it, so I'll try for that
first (unless you kindly inform me that I've misunderstood about
2002-09-09 being my magic bullet).

Thanks for the help!

Cordially,

Perry