Re: [Swarm-Support] Missing class factory method in swarm/src/defobj/Cus

From: amores nolikeyjunk
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Missing class factory method in swarm/src/defobj/Customize.m
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 00:59:58 +0000

I don't have Swarm-2.2 installed :(

I am trying to compile swarm actually.
I had tried the development binary, and things failed
because I didn't have cygtcl80. I tried the cygwin tcl
distribution you posted, but then things segfaulted, and
I gave up, and reinstalled cygwin from scratch (because
my manual attempts to revert my tcl files failed for
some reason -- well, probably due to some error I made :))

I compiled & installed gcc-3.2.2 and deliberately put it at
the front of my PATH, because it (my newly built gcc-3.2.2)
has an objective C frontend, whereas the gcc that came with
cygwin does not (this may bring back painful memories for you :))

Any chance that the gcc I have on my fresh RH8.0 is good
out-of-the-box, BTW (wouldn't that be nice) ?

(Booting it at the moment to get the gcc version. The kernel
is 2.4.18-14 else, altho I suppose that doesn't matter much.)

$ gcc --version

gcc (GCC) 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)

Cordially,

Perry