Re: [Swarm-Support] Re: Swarm Map Java Example

From: gepr
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Re: Swarm Map Java Example
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:32:25 -0800

Kanagaraj Krishna writes:
 >    Any examples and tutorials that can be helpful in learning
 >    java.util.Map especially in situations where there are
 >    interaction between agents?

Not that I know of.  But, Maps are pretty useful; so, I suspect people
use them.  If you go hunting through the java contrib directory, you
should find some.

Re: interactions between agents, you should be a bit more specific
in this question.  It's not clear what Maps, a particular implementation
technology for indexed collections, has to do with agent interaction.

Obviously, one could keep track of other agent's data indexed (keyed)
off the agent's id or name or something... like a rolodex.  It could
also keep track of categories of agents... e.g. somebody who sells
demographically specific lists of agents' ids to the highest bidder.
Etc.

But, your question is too vague to entice anyone to answer, I suspect.
Plus, this question might be more at home on the modeling mailing
list.

--
glen e. p. ropella              =><=                           Hail Eris!
H: 503.630.4505                              http://www.ropella.net/~gepr