Re: [Swarm-Support] mac osx last ditch

From: Jonathan Impett
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] mac osx last ditch
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 01:22:16 +0000

Thanks - I've tried installing on a completely clean 10.2 on a different machine (powerbook G3 instead of a pbG4) in case I had rogue installs left around, amd fixing the path - but the results are the same! The non-graphic swarm apps run happily, heatbugs etc all give:

 [Jonathan-Impetts-Computer:~/swarmapps-2.1.1/heatbugs] jonathan% ./heatbugs
error: TkExtra (instance)

Abort

I guess I'm doing something wrong in the tk installation, therefore. The packages all appear in (and only in) /Receipts. The sequence was as follows:
OS X Developer, X11, X11SDK (all from Apple)
BLT, gcc, gsed, tclX, tkX, hdf5, libpng, swarmx (latest) (all from swarmx)
download & unzip swarmapps2.1.1
setenvs as described in ReadMe
make heatbugs (complains only about missing dir /billn and multiply defined _tclStubsPtr, _tclPlatStubsPtr, _tclIntPlatStubsPtr, _tclIntStubsPtr, _TclInitStubs)

Jonathan

Sorry about the delay replying, but I have been rather busy and missed
your message.

I have never seen anything like your error.  However, I notice your path
contains both a space and parentheses.  These are not usually allowed in
UNIX paths and I avoid them, because they can create problems with UNIX
tools which assume a space to be an argument seperator.

Bill Northcott