Re: [Swarm-Support] mac osx last ditch

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] mac osx last ditch
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 09:51:10 +1000

Duh.  Don't you hate doing computer support when you can' t stand behind
people and watch they are doing.

I finally managed to reproduce your problem.  The answer is very simple:
You have to run the X11 GUI apps from an X11 terminal.  You could probably
make them run from an Aqua terminal, but you will need to set up more
environment variables.  Compare printenv in an Xterm with the output of
the same command in the MacOS X Terminal.  Tk is grokking because it can't
find the X11 libraries!

Bill Northcott