Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm questions

From: gepr
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm questions
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 11:50:21 -0800

Li An writes:
 > (1) I remember when I read the Swarm tutorial, there is a quick way to turn
 > on or off the flag of all the elements in a list without traversing the
 > list. Is this true? If so, how to do it?

What do you mean by "the flag"?  There are "forEach", "dropAll", and
"deleteAll" methods for lists?  So, if by "flag" you mean call some
method that manipulates a variable, then forEach is what you want,
as long as the elements of the list all accept that method.  If you're
looking to remove items from a list without dropping them, then
dropAll is what you want.  If you want to remove and drop all elements
from a list, then deleteAll is what you want.

--
glen e. p. ropella              =><=                           Hail Eris!
H: 503.630.4505                              http://www.ropella.net/~gepr