RE: [Swarm-Support] Swarm questions

From: Marshall, James A R
Subject: RE: [Swarm-Support] Swarm questions
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 17:53:02 +0100

Li,
  in answer to (2), there is a package called Drone you could look at
(http://pscs.physics.lsa.umich.edu/Software/Drone/) although I haven't used
it. Alternatively you can just create your own parameter manager class and
use it to sweep parameter values over multiple runs, where for each run you
create a new instantiation of your highest level swarm with the parameters
for that run, start it, terminate it, log results then drop it. My EPD app
does this in Objective C
(ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/apps/objc/contrib/EPD-2.1.1-2.1.1.tar.gz).
The advantage of Drone is that it lets you farm simulation runs out over a
network of computers, which is nice if you're doing some heavy number
crunching.
        James

---
Dr James A R Marshall
Complex Systems Modelling Group (COSMIC)
Department of Earth Science and Engineering
Imperial College London
Tel: +44 (0)20 7594 7493
Fax: +44 (0)20 7594 7444
Container World Project - http://www.ese.ic.ac.uk/research/containerworld/