Re: [Swarm-Support] AltiVec

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] AltiVec
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:58:25 +1000

I had a think about this and thought the obvious place to start would be
the random number generators probably followed by list searching routines.

Really one should profile some existing apps on MacOS X and work from
there.  One of Apple's recent developer DVDs had a really interesting
session on video from last years Developer Conference on code optimisation
and the tools available.  It goes into everything from Altivec to letting
the air out of pipeline bubbles.

For tools, have a look at the CHUD package included with the Developer
Tools but installed by default because it is being updated frequently.

Bill Northcott