Re: [Swarm-Support] AltiVec

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] AltiVec
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:40:00 +1000

This from the libtool mail lists is about 2 weeks old.  However, they seem
to be hassling other issues prior to the 1.5 official release.  So the ETA
is unclear.

Bill Northcott

Peter O'Gorman wrote:
> Hi,
> While we need to link all deplibs (actually link against them, not just
> -L to the dir) on darwin, we only need to do so for shared libraries.
> This patch fixes that.
>
> Also, I had left a couple of printf's in the ltdl code for dyld, and
> incorrectly returned a 1 in dlcose when the close was successful, and a
> 0 when it failed, did not set an error string either.
>
> Patch is inline and attached. Almost the same as my last patch, except
> it now sets the dlerror string for the dlcose failing.

I just gave this a test run and built the KDE tree with no libtool
modifications (other than copying libtool 1.5+darwin.6.diff) on MacOSX,
so it looks like it handles things properly here.