Re: [Swarm-Support] Also Button Problem

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Also Button Problem
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:13:54 -0500

Without seeing the code in your ProbeMaker where you set the Grids in there and then design a method for it to hunt through the grids in response to the makeProbeAtX:Y: method, I can't say what is going wrong. Could be a typo in your Message line where it gives an extra :.

Anwyay, here's a makeProbeAtX:Y: method from another project I use. This one is from my MultiGrid2d class, the multiple-occupancy grid that I've posted in the past here. This one searches through a cell at x,y and chooses one item at random to probe. You need to redesign your method to search through the grids to find an agent at x,y.

- makeProbeAtX: (unsigned)x Y: (unsigned)y
{
  id obj;
  id <AppCell> cell;
  if (x >= 0
      && x < xsize
      && y >= 0
      && y < ysize)
    {
      cell = *discrete2dSiteAt(lattice, offsets, x, y);
      if(cell)
        {
          obj = [cell getRandomItem];
          CREATE_PROBE_DISPLAY (obj);
        }
      else
        GUI_BEEP ();
    }
  else
    [WarningMessage
      raiseEvent:
        "MultiGrid2d: invalid coordinates to make probe (%d,%d)\n",
      x, y];
  return self;
}

luo pi wrote:
Hi,
With Paul Johnson's advice, I design a class---
ProbeMaker, and write the "makeProbeAtX:Y:" method in
it. In the ObserverSwarm, the source coder is as
follows:
ProbeMaker * probeMaker;
probeMaker = [ProbeMaker createBegin: self]; probeMaker = [probeMaker createEnd]; [worldRaster setButton: ButtonRight
               Client: probeMaker
Message: M(makeProbe:AtX:Y:)];
However, I find that when clicking with right button
on the raster, the program is closed even if there is
nothing except the sentence “return self;” in
"makeProbeAtX:Y:" method.
I do not know where the problem is. Maybe you can give
me more detailed about this thought.
Thank you very much!
                                    Patrick.L

1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504