Re: [Swarm-Support] Support Link unavailable. (FAQ)

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Support Link unavailable. (FAQ)
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 08:39:17 -0500

That's my fault. IT is a fowarding problem. I don't know what is wrong, but will find out. The University changed its suffix from ukans.edu to ku.edu, then they asked us to put up stuff at www.ku.edu instead of the other machine.

If you go directly to this:

http://www.ku.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/SwarmOnlineFaq.html

you will find it. I did just update the entry about WIndows after MGD's announcement yesterday, incidentally.

Maybe one of you Web programmer types who reads this list can tell me this. In the old SwarmFaq directory, I put an index.shtml file that forwards people to the right place after 2 seconds delay:

<head>
<title>Swarm Online Faq</title>
</head>
This site is now at: <a
href="http://www.ku.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq";>
http://www.ku.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq</a>
You should see something shortly, but if you don't, click on the link.

That worked for people who went to

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq

But it did not work if people had stored links to specific files in there, such as the one David tried.

Is there a way to make the forward work automatically for all files/subdirectories?

So far all I figured was to sym link like

ln -sf index.shtml SwarmOnlineFaq.html

but I don't want to have to do that for every individual file and directory.

pj

DAVID CAMACHO wrote:
Hi,

I have obtain the new Swarm distribution hopping that I could install it under Win XP…

(I said it before, it has preinstalled on my P.C. and for some other reasons is difficult for me to switch to Linux…) and I am trying to read the information related:

· http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/SwarmOnlineFaq.html#3.1

but site is unavailable since some weeks ago, can anybody send me the info, or fix that link?

Regards

David Camacho