Re: [Swarm-Support] Support Link unavailable. (FAQ)

From: Matteo Morini (Libero)
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Support Link unavailable. (FAQ)
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 14:04:06 +0200

Hi Paul,

I have an Apache-specific (I was not able to identify the web server
running at www.ku.edu, so it might be of no use to you) suggestion I've
found somewhere some time ago. It is about putting something like:

        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteRule ^/~pauljohn/(.*) /redirect.shtml/$1

into Apache's httpd.conf (might imply pestering the sysadmin :-) )

redirect.shtml is supposed to be something like this:

<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>This page has moved</TITLE>

<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh"
CONTENT="05;URL=http://www.ku.edu/~pauljohn/<!--#echo var="PATH_INFO" -->">

<BODY>

<H1>Your link is obsolete.</H1>

<P>The new location is <A HREF="http://newdomain.com/~test/<!--#echo
var="PATH_INFO" -->">here</A>.  You will be redirected automatically
in 5 seconds.  Please update your bookmarks.

</BODY>
</HTML>

        Hope this helps.

        Ciao, Matteo

Paul Johnson wrote:
> That's my fault.  IT is a fowarding problem.  I don't know what is
> wrong, but will find out.  The University changed its suffix from
> ukans.edu to ku.edu, then they asked us to put up stuff at www.ku.edu
> instead of the other machine.
>
> If you go directly to this:
>
> http://www.ku.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/SwarmOnlineFaq.html
>
> you will find it.  I did just update the entry about WIndows after MGD's
> announcement yesterday, incidentally.
>
> Maybe one of you Web programmer types who reads this list can tell me
> this.  In the old SwarmFaq directory, I put an index.shtml file that
> forwards people to the right place after 2 seconds delay:

[snip]