Re: [Swarm-Support] using sun's java libs in swarm

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] using sun's java libs in swarm
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:12:32 -0600

Jan Herrmann wrote:

Tried to run jheatbugs but I get exectly the same result. So I suppose it
has something to do with the mentioned problem in Cygwin.

I expect you don't have a new (i.e. subject to the loading problems I mentioend) version of Cygwin if you are using Swarm 2.1.1. There were some fixes to Swarm along the way with JDK 1.4. (Fixes applying to all platforms for Swarm.)

Does anybody know if Swarm (with Java) is running properly under Linux?

Yes, but use a current source snapshot (e.g. Paul's), or pull the code from CVS and build that.