[Swarm-Support] Re: SWARM on a Mac OS X.2

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Re: SWARM on a Mac OS X.2
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 11:17:30 +1000

On 24/05/2004, at 10:32 AM, Jacoby Carter wrote:
I downloaded the program and ran the installation package.
I can't find it using finder, but can find it using the terminal program.

The Swarm files install under /usr/local/Swarm2.2. To access /usr/local from the Finder select Go -> Go to folder (Shift-CMD-G) and type the directory name.

I am at a loss as to how to get it running.

The installers provide a set of libraries to support Swarm programming. You have to get the source of a Swarm program. Then compile it and run it.

I tried typing in the commands suggested in the "Install Swarm libraries
for MacOX X with X11 but I amg getting "Command not found".

I would recommend you get one of the books available on learning UNIX with MacOS X and possibly the O'Reilly book - MacOS X for UNIX geeks.

Bill Northcott