Re: [Swarm-Support] Cannot find -lXpm

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Cannot find -lXpm
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 09:58:56 -0700

Crile Doscher wrote:
Hi there,
I'm sure this topic has popped up already but I'm stuck and haven't found any helpful responses in the archives. I've recently installed pretest 13 (under XP) to get past the "cannot find -lSwarmdll" problem but am now up against the "cannot find -lXpm" message. My

Hello Dr. Doscher-

We are working on a new release of Swarm, which puts all the packages you need in one place and modifies the Cygwin installer so it installs everything, including Swarm. There is currently a draft Cygwin installer that installs Swarm and related packages, at:

http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/cygwin/setup.exe

And there is an ISO of the related packages at:
ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/swarm/binaries/w32/latest/swarm-2.1.154.iso

You could try these (maybe on a different machine) to see how they work. We haven't tested them yet so it would help us if you tried.

Steve R.

--
Lang Railsback & Associates
250 California Ave.