[Swarm-Support] creating agents using a schedule

From: Mervin Chan
Subject: [Swarm-Support] creating agents using a schedule
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 00:08:03 +0800

Hi all,

I am using swarm with JAVA. I have a question with regard to creating objects.

I understand that I can only create agents within buildobjects().

Like so:

Public object Buildobjects()

{

abug = new SimpleBug( …. )

}

As such, agents are created before the simulation is run. Is it possible to insert into the schedule to allow the creation of agents at  pre-defined (or random) timesteps. Instead of pre-defining all my agents in buildobjects()

Ie:  for every X timesteps, create Y number of agents. Do until Simulation end.

Thank you.