[Swarm-Support] problems installing from CD

From: Matthew Herron
Subject: [Swarm-Support] problems installing from CD
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 12:48:50 -0700

Hi,

I am trying to install Swarm on a Windows XP Professional system from the CD, and I’ve had the following problems: after installing Cygwin, jdk, and Swarm, no “\home\username” directory is created in the Cygwin folder. I created the directory myself and unzipped the javatutorial, jheatbugs, jmousetrap, and swarmapps files inside it. When I enter the “make” command, I get an error message: “make: *** [all] Error 255”. When I enter “javaswarm StartHeatbugs”, I get “bash: javaswarm: command not found”. If anyone can make a suggestion of how to deal with this, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

Matthew D. Herron

University of Arizona

Tucson, AZ 85721

520-621-1844